Wednesday, July 4, 2012

SECOND DAY IN LUCENA

  The second day of training involves practice of the skills they have learned and anything else that we have missed.
  At noon we have individuals that have been invited by the participants to show up to be assessed for mobility aids. Most, of course, are expecting a wheel chair and do qualify.

 
 
  Two young men showed up with flip-flops on their hands to get around. One folds his limp legs across each other and kind of swings them to move forward (first photo). The other drags his lifeless legs. Even in there current state, they are happy. But I had a hard time seeing what I was seeing.
  The second picture is of a man that was a stiff as a board from his neck to his legs. He could not bend at all. I don't know how he even breathes. Technically he didn't fit a wheelchair properly, but he got one. When he went outside after the training, I followed to see how he was doing. They put him on top of a motorcycle hooked to a side-car (tricycle). It had been altered so he could drive it. I don't have a picture of this, but you wouldn't believe it anyway. He sold vegetables from his tricycle to make a living for his family. He and his wife were expecting their second child - No, I don't know how.
  I have seen the work of our Father In Heaven right before my eyes. He helps his children in so many ways through his hands on the earth - US. We are so privileged to see these workings.

No comments:

Post a Comment